Wednesday, August 30, 2006

life

You've filled my plate with the practice of humility toward self and love toward others. What need do I have to perform miracles?

I've not mastered my tongue, and the world of my thoughts needs constant discernment and correction. Should I desire to have marvelous and exciting experiences?

When I read the stories of Jesus, what do I do with his teachings? With his miracles? What forms me?

We want to learn his prayer that moves mountains, but not the one we need: "not my will, but yours be done."

What is the proper expression of the life of a Christ-follower? What are our expectations?

Do we have a misguided longing for the ostentatious, the impressive, and the gratifying? Will we wreck spiritually on the rocks of what appears grand, while missing that to which we've been called?

I wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greg, long time no talk, I was wondering if there was any way we could have some type of Cohort at a different time. I suggested a once a month bar visit at night on the Birmingham Cohort blog, but I don't know if anyone reads that.

I work 8.30-5.30 weekdays so I can't make the Cohort. I guess if we did something really early I could meet, but, just wondering if anyone wanted to do a night thing, even if it wasn't regular.