Monday, October 27, 2003

I got to my office today, and felt convicted about the need to pray. Mark and I prayed through a list of needs. We prayed for ourselves to be quiet in spirit and open to God, about specific believers who are struggling right now, about the faith formation of our young people, about ministry opportunities like the Hispanic outreach, VA hospital visitation, the upcoming women's retreat, and Saturday night's gathering for a party of praise and fellowship. We prayed about our study of leadership and upcoming discussions of other aspects of our journey, and for all the experiences of growth and life taking place in small groups throughout our community.

Our prayer reminded us how much everything is really in God's hands. I was refocused to be faithful and trust God to work, while I work in the confidence of God's all-sufficiency. I know that I need the discipline of laying everything at God's feet.

No comments: