Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Religion Test

I just tried taking a religion test but couldn't make it through to the end. The choices were lousy, limited, and cliche. I wanted to find out how suitable I am for Christianity - but they didn't say anything about what "failure to complete" might mean.

It would not have been very valid anyway since I was having to fudge too many times in choosing one of their limited possibilities. The "Christian" answer was usually obvious but many times I cringed at the characterization it inferred.

I guess one thing it does say: I'm not a Christian in terms of the test-makers' definition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg, Don't know whether this falls under "religion" or not, but think it is a quote you will probably like by Howard Macey: "The spiritual life cannot be made suburban. It is always frontier, and we who live in it must accept and even rejoice that it remains untamed."

Frank Bellizzi said...

Greg, another quote: "he that endureth to the end shall be saved" (Matt. 10:22b, KJV). All those years of preaching . . .